Welcome to the Murdock Elementary PTA Website
We are looking forward to a great school year! Please be sure to create a Membership Toolkit account (if you do not have one already) to access forms to purchase yearbooks, chicken biscuits/chicken minis for the school year, as well as spirit wear.
2020-2021 PTA Executive Board Slate
The Murdock PTA 2020-2021 Executive Board Volunteers:
Co-President: Yolanda Williams
VP of Events: Mahua Chatterjee
VP of Family Engagement: Sarah Smith
VP of Fundraising: Ally Taylor
Secretary: Megan Lee
Treasurer: Holly Hesse
Our mission is to make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
PTA and MESF working together to serve our families
The Murdock Parent Teacher Association (PTA) and Murdock Foundation are complementary organizations who fill in the gaps not covered by the Cobb County School District, and we do so in different ways.
PTA: Our fundraising comes from parent memberships, corporate sponsorships and website purchases (Chick-fil-A Breakfast mornings, Yearbook, and Spirit wear). With the money raised, we're able to:
- Enhance classrooms to help students achieve their best learning and potential through funding for each grade,
- Support school enrichment programs at the grade level and in the media center,
- Organize Teacher and Staff Appreciation events,
- Build community through events at no cost to Murdock families (Fall Festival, International Night, Screen on the Green), and
- Support various school programs, events, and activities through our volunteers
MESF: The Foundation fundraises throughout the year to provide educational enhancements and programs for the students at Murdock. MESF fundraising comes from the Patron Program (donate now!), birthday marquee messages, art show purchases and the Mustang Raffle. Last school year, they raised nearly $137,000 which funded:
- New classroom technology (laptops, software, and apps, as well as a new poster printer),
- 100% of the supplies for the Science Lab,
- The Leader In Me program (plus staff training and supplies)
- Three paid staff collaboration days for every teacher at every grade level, and
- Campus Improvements, Musical Instruments, PE equipment, and Grade Level Art Needs
Though we address different aspects of the Murdock community, we're both equally vested in making each and every student's experience a quality one. We encourage you to support both organizations, and in doing so, support each and every student at Murdock Elementary to reach their full potential.
How can you help the PTA?
Explore the various levels of membership, and become a member of the PTA. The funds we raise through your membership provide dollars to support Murdock's teachers and staff throughout the year. Joining the PTA does not mean you're required to serve on committee or even volunteer (but it would be happy to have you if you wanted to do so!)
Get involved - Volunteer!
The PTA has great plans for the 2019-2020 school year! We have many opportunities for parents to get involved and make a difference. Please take a few moments to sign-up for open positions on the volunteer page.
If you're interested in chairing a committee, you can view the open committee chair positions here.
For more information, please contact Ligia Florim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
remember us for your school shopping and gift purchases!
Your shopping makes a difference. Do your regular Amazon shopping at smile.amazon.com/ch/51-0193725 and Amazon donates to Murdock Elementary PTA.